To be honest, I’ve slowly started to lose interest in blog awards. As the title states, this is my 21st blog award and when they all ask for the same thing (to nominate other bloggers and list some more facts about you) it does get repetitive and starts to become blogging chain mail.
However, that does not mean that I am not grateful for my latest nomination. Thanks must go to Chris over at HIS Lifestyle Blog for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Although, to make this a bit different to the other awards I have written about, I thought I would only answer the questions Chris has asked me.
- What is your name? Do you have any nicknames? My name is Liam O’Dell. For a long time I gave myself terrible, terrible nicknames. Two examples of me trying to be cool include nicknames such as ‘Specs’ and ‘Loddyman’. Yes, I was that child.
- How often do you post on your blog? I post every other day (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays).
- What made you want to create your blog? A teacher at school told me that having a blog is a good thing for an aspiring journalist to have. I was also keen on writing and sharing ideas so I decided to set one up.
- What are your top 3 goals for 2016? I set myself two resolutions in a recent blog post, but for the final goal I hope to boost my following on my Instagram, YouTube and Facebook pages.
- Do you remember the first blog you read? I’m not sure – I think it might have been one of my good friend, Chelsea‘s.
- What is the biggest challenge for you when blogging? Interesting question. I think it would have to be coming up with ideas, or trying not to get caught up in the numbers. At the moment, I don’t think either are too much of a problem, but they can become a challenge from time to time.
- Do you have a favourite TV show? For someone who is a massive TV fan, this is a very tough question indeed! I would say that it is a tie between Gotham, Sherlock and Utopia. In terms of the last two, they are the only two DVD box sets which I have bought (although I do plan on buying Series 1 of Gotham very soon). As an aspiring crime writer, I find all three TV shows fascinating, inspiring and creative.
- What are your hobbies? I love reading, writing, listening to music and playing the drums.
- How did you come up with your blog name? I don’t really know, to be honest. When I look back, I think it is a rather pretentious name (I don’t mean it to be), but I knew that it would be a lifestyle blog where I mainly write about my life. I decided to call it ‘The Life of…’ and then it just clicked, I guess.
- What is your biggest achievement to date? Is this a blogging achievement or in life in general? In terms of blogging, it would have to be reaching 1,000 followers on Twitter. Granted, it isn’t about the numbers, but the level of interaction I now have online is definitely something to be proud of. In terms of everyday life, I’m not sure. I think it would be going to the Conservative Party Conference last year to interview MPs about deaf issues. I learnt so much whilst I was there!
- Do you have a favourite blog? I’m never one for favouritism, but Maeve (from Thrift O’Clock) has been a really good blogger friend of mine for a year now. I even met her last week and she is awesome! (But everyone I interact with is great too, of course!)
So those were my answers to his questions! Thanks again to Chris for nominating me – do check out his blog!