So this week… IT’S CHRISTMAS!!!
Now, to get us all in the Christmas mood, this week’s Music Monday is going to be the BESTIVE OF THE FESTIVE (See what I did there?)! So this is my pick of Christmas songs:
1. All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey: it’s one of those songs where you know all the lyrics. It’s great as a song for romance and Christmas.
2. I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard: Another classic. Love the drum tune, and the chorus is instantly recognisable.
3. Merry Christmas Everybody – Slade: Great tune. Period.
4. Fairytale of New York – The Pogues feat. Kirsty McColl: I wasn’t keen on this song at first. But now I agree that it’s a good song. It makes me chuckle near the chorus when they fire insults at each other, and “The Bells are Ringing Out for Christmas Day!” is great!
5. In Dulci Jubilo – Mike Oldfield (Christmas Version): I didn’t know what this song was called at first, but I’m so glad that I know what it’s called now. It is definitely one of my favourites, and I love the flute part and how it gives the song a jumpy and dancing feel to it.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!